Friday, January 9, 2009

LOGIC VS. EMOTION

I see her……………..
My head tells me, “She’s fine”.
My heart tells me, “Go for her”.
I want her…………..
My head tells me, “You can get her if you want to”.
My heart tells me, “It’s she or nobody else for you”.
I sense her………….
My head tells me, “She’s too fine for her own (or even anybody’s) good”.
My heart tells me, “Only the finest is good enough for you”.
I think about her………….
My head tells me, “She is like a magnet that attracts all sorts; guys, competition, rivalry, fights……………”.
My heart tells me, “This is once in a lifetime opportunity to get what you rightfully deserve; a beauty of a lady as your woman.
I draw her……….
My head tells me, “Don’t be a fool, walk away while you still can”.
My heart tells me, “Carry go, no shaking”.
I call out to her, “……excuse me……”.
My head tells me, “This can only end in a disaster”.
My heart tells me, “It can only get better”.
She looks my way……………….
My head tells me, “Tell her it’s all a mistake and pass on by”.
My heart tells me, “Move in, engage and lock on”.
She smiles at me……………
My head loses contact with my tongue.
My heart triples its normal rate.
She moves closer………………
I said, “Hi”.
“Hello”, she replied.
“How are you doing?” I asked.
“Am fine”, she said.
“So….., what’s up with you?”
“Nothing much, just chilling”.
“So.., , what you doing tonight?”
“Well, it depends on you”, she said, looking at me coyly.
“Well, lets go someplace, you know, take a bite, and drink, get to rub minds together,” I stated and added, “then maybe I’ll take you to know my place”.
“No problem”, she said and added, “But it will cost you”.
“What do you mean?” I asked, wondering what she meant by that statement.
“N1, 000 for a round, N1, 500 for two rounds, and N5, 000 for *T.D.B”, she replied smiling.
I move back startled, turned and walked away quickly.
“No it can’t be,” I muttered to myself.
“Yes it is,” my head said.
My heart said nothing.
“She can’t possibly be a …………”, I started to say, but couldn’t bring myself to say the word.
“Well, she is”, my head said and added, “She is a prostitute”.
My head asked my heart, “So what do you have to say now?”
My heart replied, “Love is blind”.


*T.D.B – Till day break

Love logically, and not emotionally, use your head and not your heart.
The brain has more staying power than the dick, the brain is always hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment