Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Car

I love cars,
I love to drive them,
To be in control,
Make them jump when I press the controls,
Make them honk and horn for joy,
Service them as often as I can,
And walk away when the joy of driving the car is over.
Thus I have driven many a cars,
And well, crashed a few too.

Saw a car I really would love to drive,
The windscreen is one of a special kind,
With nice and attractive headlights,
A glistening and well tuned body structure,
Solid and well oiled engine,
And with a lovely, attractive and well rounded trunk to match.
It is simply a masterpiece.
I have a lovely dark car of my own,
A true masterpiece too,
And I love my car.
But I still wanted this car too.
I knew I couldn’t drive it for as long as I would like,
But I still wanted to drive it.

I made my intentions known,
The car didn’t mind,
Cos there seems to be a void I could fill.
But was told the car had a driver,
And that I could tag along if that didn’t bother me
So I hopped into the passenger seat
Waiting, watching and biding my time.

After a long while of not getting a chance to be at the steering wheels,
I suddenly found myself at the back seat,
The back seat was full, over crowded and very uncomfortable
I stayed there for a while,
Hoping I could still make it into the driver’s seat, even if for a limited time.
But I had always lived my life according to simple rules
And one which states, “Enjoy it, don’t endure it, or else… walk away.”

I was enjoying the ride no more,
I was enduring it,
Many a request I made was turned down,
And since I was not in control, I couldn’t afford to complain too much
So I still tried to enjoy it.
The back seat kept getting fuller, more crowded and more uncomfortable,
But the back seat was never a place meant for me,
I just had to get out
So I jumped out of the window,
No good byes, no reasons, no nothing.
I landed on my behind.
But I was happy I got out.

For a while my absence didn’t seem to be felt,
I also missed the warmth of the car,
I came to terms with the fact that,
I was probably being tolerated and not celebrated after all,
Then I noticed the brake lights were on,
And the reverse lights came on,
The car crept back,
Hesitant, but still crept back,
Didn’t ask why I got out,
And I didn’t bother to offer any explanation.


Now I stroll along the road with the car beside,
Would I get into the car again?
Well, maybe, or maybe not,
Or u know, on the condition that I get the driving seat,
But that would be selfish
Cos I can’t drive the car forever,
U know, I have a car of my own.
So now I walk,
Even though, I still would love to drive the car.

1 comment: